Sähköisessä asiointipalvelussa saattaa esiintyä hitautta ruuhka-aikoina More information
Basic income is not available by application
- Who can get a basic income?
- A group of 2,000 persons selected at random will be paid a basic income in Finland. It is not available to anyone else by application or otherwise.
- Amount of the basic income
- The amount of the basic income is fixed at €560 per month.
- The basic income is not subject to tax.
- How basic income affect the other social security benefits
- The experiment is designed in a way that ensures that no participant will suffer negative financial consequences.
Kela at your service
- Frequently asked questions
- Can you decline if you don't want to participate in the experiment? Why not? Please see Frequently asked questions.
- Report changes
- If you receive a basic income from Kela and wish to declare changes in your circumstances that are relevant to the basic income, please do so by phone if at all possible.
- Any questions?
- Feel free to contact us If you have questions about the basic income experiment.
Rationale of the basic income trial
Finland will conduct an experiment testing a basic income in 2017-2018. What is it all about? Watch the video!
Kela regrets the inconvenience caused by delays in customer service ›
Finnish basic income experiment attracts broad international interest ›
First payments of basic income go out today ›
Changes to Kela benefits in 2017 ›