Sähköisessä asiointipalvelussa on havaittu häiriö More information
Basic income is not available by application
- Who can get a basic income?
- A group of 2,000 persons selected at random will be paid a basic income in Finland. It is not available to anyone else by application or otherwise.
- Amount of the basic income
- The amount of the basic income is fixed at €560 per month.
- The basic income is not subject to tax.
- How basic income affect the other social security benefits
- The experiment is designed in a way that ensures that no participant will suffer negative financial consequences.
Kela at your service
- Frequently asked questions
- Can you decline if you don't want to participate in the experiment? Why not? Please see Frequently asked questions.
- Report changes
- If you receive a basic income from Kela and wish to declare changes in your circumstances that are relevant to the basic income, please do so by phone if at all possible.
- Any questions?
- Feel free to contact us If you have questions about the basic income experiment.
Rationale of the basic income trial
Finland will conduct an experiment testing a basic income in 2017-2018. What is it all about? Watch the video!
Kela regrets the inconvenience caused by delays in customer service
Finnish basic income experiment attracts broad international interest
First payments of basic income go out today
Changes to Kela benefits in 2017