Statistics on unemployment protection in Finland
Latest release 30 November 2020:
Expenditure on unemployment benefits amounted to €3,591 million in 2019. Unemployment funds accounted for a total of €1,721 million and Kela for €1,870 million. The expenditure declined by 7.8% from 2018. Statistical yearbook on unemployment protection in Finland 2019 (helda.helsinki.fi)
At the end of 2019, 4% of the recipients of earnings-related allowance, 14% of the recipients of basic unemployment allowance and 12% of the recipients of labour market subsidy were under the age of 25 years. Aged 50 years or over were 49% of the recipients of earnings-related allowance, 22% of the recipients of basic unemployment allowance and 29% of the recipients of labour market subsidy. (Figure.)
Products that include statistics on unemployment benefits
- Statistics on unemployment protection in Finland
- Monthly statistics on benefits in respect of unemployment in Finland
- Charts series
- Kela’s Statistical Yearbook
- Pocket Statistics
Statistical database Kelasto
Click the link to generate a dynamic and editable report from the database.
How to work with reports in Kelasto.
- Provision of unemployment benefits in Finland: Number of recipients and benefits paid out
- Provision of unemployment benefits in Finland: Number of recipients at year-end
Sami Tuori, Risto Hurmeranta