Advisory Board on Health Insurance
The Advisory Board acts as support for Kela in issues related to health insurance.
The Advisory Board has the following duties:
- promote and develop cooperation between the parties that participate in the implementation of the national health insurance scheme
- make proposals to Kela’s Board
- issue statements to Kela’s Board on studies and enquiries concerning health insurance as well as on the implementation of the Health Insurance Act and the development of the health insurance scheme.
The Finnish Government nominates the Advisory Board for a period of three years. The current term of office is 1 July 2019–30 June 2022.
Kari-Pekka Mäki-Lohiluoma, Director, Kela
Reija Jääskeläinen, Head of the Centre of Expertise, Kela
Ismo Hiljanen, Systems Design Specialist Kela
- Member: Jaska Siikavirta, Deputy Director General, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
Substitute: Pasi Pohjola, Head of Department, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- Member: Liisa Siika-aho, Director, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
Substitute: Eva Ojala, Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- Member: Lauri Vuorenkoski, Health policy adviser, Finnish Medical Association (FMA)
Substitute: Henna Virtomaa, Executive Director, Finnish Dental Association
- Member: Auli Rytivaara, Medical Adviser, Confederation of Finnish Industries
Substitute: Eveliina Vigelius, Specialist, Confederation of Finnish Industries
- Member: Tuuli Glantz, Social Policy Advisor, Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions
Substitute: Riitta Työläjärvi, Medical Adviser, Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions
- Member: Samppa Koskela, Lawyer, Social and Health Policy, Finnish Confederation of Professionals STTK
Substitute: Katri Ojala, Senior Specialist, AKAVA ry
- Member: Tarja Filatov, Member of Parliament, Parliament
Substitute: Sanna Antikainen, Member of Parliament, Parliament