Kela's customer service
- Log in to Kela’s e-service OmaKela
- By using OmaKela, you can apply for benefits, report changes and send supporting documents (in Finnish or Swedish).
- Get to know OmaKela
- Get to know the functions and features of OmaKela.
- Help with using the e-service
- Do you find it difficult to use the e-service? For help with using OmaKela, please call our phone service.
Questions and information
- Effects of the war in Ukraine
- Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about the war in Ukraine and the social security benefits available from Kela.
- Payment dates
- Look up the payment dates of benefits.
- Information in your language (Infofinland.fi)
- Read about Kela and benefits from Kela in 12 languages, e.g. Arabic, Chinese and Estonian.
- Information about public services (kansalaisneuvonta.fi)
- Public Service Info helps you find the right public service and offers advice on how to use them.
Book an appointment
- Appointment for telephone assistance
- You can book an appointment with Kela’s phone service online.
- Appointment to visit a customer service point or for telephone assistance
- If your situation is complicated or you have much to discuss, we can set up an appointment for you on the phone or during a visit to a service point.
- Check the opening hours and locations of Kela's customer service points and Citizen Service Centres. Send mail to the address Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
- Personal or general advice?
- Kela's customer service points offer personal advice, Citizen Service Centers give general advice on various public services.
- Remote service
- Via the remote service you can talk with Kela’s customer service specialist over a computer’s video and audio connection.
- International House Helsinki (ihhelsinki.fi)
- Information and public authority services for newcomers in the Helsinki metropolitan area.