Studying while drawing a disability pension

You can study while drawing a disability pension or rehabilitation subsidy. If you study for a new profession or university degree, you can plan how to start working or return to work. You can receive support for this from Kela and the Employment and Economic Development Office.

Notify Kela of your degree. If you receive a disability pension from the earnings-related pension scheme, you should also notify the authorised pension provider of your degree. The authorised pension provider checks your entitlement to a disability pension.