Interruption in online services 30 October 07:00–20:00 More information
An incident has occurred in Kela’s remote customer services More information
If you use our e-service to apply for benefits and send supporting documents, your application will be processed quicker and you will receive payments sooner.
Some of the information on the application will be pre-completed for your convenience and the service will take you through the process of filling out the application.
Please note that our e-service is only available in Finnish and Swedish.
To log in to Kela's e-service, use your online banking codes or a mobile certificate.Sign in
In our e-service, you can
- apply for benefits
- send documents (scanned or photographed) that are required for your application
- report changes in your circumstances and stop the payment of benefits
- make changes to your bank account information
- check if your application has been decided, how much you will be paid, and what the payment dates are
- send messages concerning benefit matters.
On the front page, you can
- view past and future payments
- check the status of your applications
- see messages reminding you to send in a document that's missing from your application
Use a compatible browser
Our e-service works best in new web browsers. We do not recommend that you use Internet Explorer.
eIDAS identification for EU citizens
The common European eIDAS identification is an identification method for EU citizens. In the future it will be possible to log in to Kela’s e-service with your own country’s identification tools. The identification works if both countries use similar electronic authentication.
Starting with a form
Currently it is not yet possible to log in to Kela’s e-service using eIDAS identification. However, EU citizens can send messages to Kela using a form.
Do as follows
- Access the form by signing in.
- Select ‘Ulkomaalaisen tunnistustavat’ (Foreigner identification). Log in with the identification method used in your country Suomi.fi e-identification is currently only compatible with the identification methods used in a select range of countries.
- Write your message to Kela.
Suomi.fi e-identification is currently only compatible with the identification methods used in a select range of countries. Before an identification tool is approved as part of eIDAS identification, the security and reliability of the tool must be verified. As new identification tools are assessed and approved, eIDAS identification will become possible in more and more situations.