How to apply

  1. Job alternation compensation calculated on the basis of the basic unemployment allowance can be applied for from Kela on form, which is used jointly by Kela and the unemployment funds. Mail the completed form to Kela.
  2. You should also report any changes in income during the job alternation leave or interruption of the job alternation leave to Kela.
  3. You should also report if you take on a job with your employer or with some other employer during the job alternation leave.
  4. Enclose documentation on the working hours and the wage. You can report changes via the online customer service or at a customer service point.

Read more