Products and services
The products and services provided by Kela’s Information Services are listed alphabetically on this page.
Applications for analysing data on social security
- The Kela finance tree is a tool visualising the expenditures under the social security schemes administered by Kela.
- The Financial flows in Finnish social and health services is an interactive visualisation of data on the total expenditures on local social and health services.
Exchange of information
Exchange of information with other Finnish organisations
- Kelmu, an online portal for accessing information on social security benefits, is aimed at government authorities and Kela’s partner organisations that are authorised under law to obtain information from Kela about benefits.
International exchange of information
- The system for the Electronic Exchange of Social Security Information (EESSI) is an information transfer method for social security institutions in the EU countries. Information is exchanged through national access points. Kela is responsible for operating the Finnish access point.
Information in brief
- Information in brief is a series of concise but comprehensive summaries on various topics of research.
- Kela has operational responsibility for the Kanta services (www.kanta.fi/en/citizens).
- They include the My Kanta Pages for individual clients and the Patient Data Repository, the Prescription service, the Client Data Archive for Social Welfare Services and the Kelain service for professionals.
- Give feedback and ask about Kanta services.
- Kelasto is a statistical database produced by Kela.
- It contains key statistical data on the social security schemes administered by Kela. Users can create customised reports from the statistical data compiled by Kela.
- Instructions for using Kelasto
- Kela’s library specialises in topics related to social welfare. The basis for the library’s collections is literature covering social security, social policy and legislation.
Published research and statistics
- Kela’s statistical publications offer statistical data on Kela’s benefits and other operations both in summary form and analysed by topic.
- Kela’s published research consists of peer-reviewed studies, working papers and standalone publications.
- Kela’s published research and statistics are freely available in the electronic Helda archive (helda.helsinki.fi).
- Contact us to consult with one of our team of social security experts.
- In the research blog (tutkimusblogi.kela.fi), Kela researchers discuss current topics from a variety of viewpoints, always on the basis of facts and data.
Research permits to access Kela register data
- Requests for access to use Kela register data for research purposes should be submitted to Kela when Kela is the sole source of data. Information and instructions
- Findata (findata.fi) issues research permits and responds to requests for data when data are obtained from several sources.
Statistical Information Service
- Contact the Statistical Information Service if you need statistics on Kela’s benefits and other operations or general information about the statistics.