Interruption in e-services on 28 September 2021 between 23:00 and 06:00, affecting the following identification methods: S-Bank More information
Job alternation compensation
If you work full-time, you can agree with the employer on a job alternation leave that can last an uninterrupted period of 100 to 180 calendar days. The employer hires a substitute for the duration of the job alternation leave and the substitute must be an unemployed jobseeker.
Contact the TE Services well in advance when you plan a job alternation leave.
If you are a member of an unemployment fund, you should apply for job alternation compensation with the unemployment fund. The compensation is calculated on the basis of your earnings-related unemployment allowance.
If you are not a member of an unemployment fund, you should apply for job alternation compensation from Kela. The compensation is calculated on the basis of the basic unemployment allowance, without child increases.
You are eligible for job alternation compensation if
- it is at least 5 years since the previous job alternation leave ended
- you have been working for at least 20 years before the job alternation leave starts
- you have worked for the same employer continuously for at least 13 months. This period can include an unpaid period of absence of a maximum of 30 days.
Information on employment history:
- You can check your private-sector employments in the register of the Finnish Centre for Pensions (Eläketurvakeskus).
- Information on employments with the State, the municipalities or the Church can be obtained from Keva.
There is an upper age limit for those planning to take job alternation leave. You can no longer take job alternation leave after the calendar month when there is 3 years or less left until you reach the lowest retirement age for an old-age pension under the Employees Pensions Act. This upper age limit is not applied to persons born before 1957.