Intensive multidisciplinary individual rehabilitation
You may be entitled to intensive multidisciplinary individual rehabilitation organised by Kela, if you have an illness or functional impairment that makes it significantly difficult for you to cope with everyday tasks. A condition for being granted rehabilitation is that you need rehabilitation for at least 1 year.
Intensive medical rehabilitation requires a rehabilitation plan, drawn up by your primary care doctor.
Multidisciplinary individual rehabilitation is organised for persons with specific illnesses
Programme for persons with sensory disorders
- individual rehabilitation for adults with hearing impairment, visual impairment or hearing and visual impairment
- individual rehabilitation for children and adolescents with hearing impairment, visual impairment or hearing and visual impairment
Programme for musculoskeletal and rheumatic disorders
- individual rehabilitation for adults with musculoskeletal and rheumatic disorders
- individual rehabilitation for children and adolescents with musculoskeletal and rheumatic disorders
- neurological individual rehabilitation for adults
- individual rehabilitation for adults
General and neurological programme
- individual rehabilitation for children and adolescents
Delivery of rehabilitation services
Rehabilitation is organised at a rehabilitation institution where you can stay overnight. The content of the rehabilitation period depends on your personal needs and goals. The delivery of the rehabilitation is the responsibility of a multidisciplinary team of professionals comprising among others a specialist physician, a nurse, a physical therapist, a psychologist or neuropsychologist and a social worker.
A close relative or the family members of a child or an adolescent may also attend the rehabilitation sessions. In the case of children and adolescents, the client’s entire family, or part of the family members, usually attend all rehabilitation sessions. In the case of adults, only one family member or one close relative may attend rehabilitation sessions part of the time.
Duration of rehabilitation
The duration of the rehabilitation process is 10–26 days depending on the individual’s need. Rehabilitation can be delivered in one or several periods.
Costs of rehabilitation
The rehabilitation services are provided free of charge. You may also be entitled to a rehabilitation allowance for the duration of the rehabilitation. Kela also offers compensation for rehabilitation-related travel costs.
How to apply
Would you benefit from intensive multidisciplinary individual rehabilitation? Apply for individual rehabilitation.