Interruption in online customer service 14 December 06:00-19:00 More information
Kela organisation chart
- Business and operational units
- Kela’s organisation consists of five business units (Customer Relations, Benefit Services, IT Services, Information Services and Shared Services) and two operational units (Management Support Unit and Communications Unit). Internal Audit also reports to the Director General.
- Insurance districts
- The Benefit Services business unit is not only responsible for determining benefit claims but also involved in legislative planning and reform efforts in the area of benefit provision. At the local level, Kela's operations are divided into five insurance districts, which are part of Benefit Services and handle benefit determinations at the local level.
- Customer service units
- The Customer Relations business unit is responsible for providing customer service across all service channels and for providing advice and guidance to customers. It is divided into six customer service units, which provide services to customers at the local level through different channels.
Kela’s administrative organs
- Parliamentary Trustees
- Kela's administration and operations are supervised by 12 Parliamentary Trustees who are nominated by Parliament.
- Kela’s operations are governed and developed by the Board, which has 10 members. The Trustees nominate the members of the Board.
- Kela’s auditors carry out the auditing of Kela’s operations. In addition they also carry out other checks related to Kela’s administration, asset management and operations.