Interruption in e-services on 28 September 2021 between 23:00 and 06:00, affecting the following identification methods: S-Bank More information
Price notification to Kela
The prices for products included in generic substitution and the reference price system must be reported to Kela 4 times a year. Kela forwards the notifications to the Pharmaceuticals Pricing Board (Hila), which means that one price notification to Kela is sufficient.
The marketing authorisation holder or someone representing the marketing authorisation holder must report the following information in the price notification:
- the tax-free wholesale price of the product that will take effect nation-wide at the beginning of the quarter
- the availability of the product, i.e. information on whether the product is generally available at the time of notification and throughout the following quarter.
In the price notification, information can also be provided on the withdrawal from the reimbursement system of a product included in the reference price system from the beginning of the quarter.
The price notification can be submitted
- via the e-service for pharmaceutical companies
- as an electronic transmission of data
- through an authorised agent
- on a paper form.
Please note: The service can only be used by pharmaceutical companies that have a Finnish business ID (Y-tunnus). The service is only available in Finnish and Swedish.
If the company has a business ID (Y-tunnus), the price notifications can be filed via the e-service for pharmaceutical companies maintained by Kela. The e-service is open 30–21 days before the first day of each quarter. The notifications must be submitted at the latest by 16:15 on the last day of the notification period.
The price notifications can be sent to Kela as a CSV-file over a server. Kela and the pharmaceutical company must conclude an agreement on the transmission of the file. Please contact Kela if you wish to submit the price notification as a file.
A pharmaceutical company can authorise another organisation to file the price notifications with Kela on its behalf. As regards reimbursable products, the authorisation must be reported to Hila and, as regards non-reimbursable products, to Kela (contact information). The signed authorisation must indicate the following:
- the contact information and business ID (Y-tunnus) of the company giving the authorisation
- the contact information and business ID (Y-tunnus) of the authorised company
- the period of validity of the authorisation
- package-specific details about the products to which the authorisation applies.
On a single form, you can provide package-specific details about one product.
How to complete and send the form
- Complete all the sections on the form. If a particular item of information is not available, draw a line across the relevant section.
- Indicate the availability of the medicine when notifying the wholesale price.
- Date and sign the form.
- Scan the signed form and send it to the address email@example.com.
It is recommended to use encrypted e-mail. Please note: Always request a confirmation of receipt of the price notification also by unprotected e-mail.
Alternatively, you can send the form
- by post to Kela, Etuuspalvelujen tulosyksikkö, Osaamiskeskuksen lääkeryhmä, P.O. Box 78, 00381 Helsinki
- by delivering it to Kela’s Pitäjänmäki office at Höyläämötie 1 a B, 00380 Helsinki
Enquiries concerning price notifications and the formation of the price band may be directed at Kela to
- Katri Auraniemi, Tel. +358 50551 8276
- Päivi Puustinen, Tel. +358 20551 6909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries concerning the reference price system may be directed at Hila to
- Ulla Kurkijärvi, Tel. +358 29516 3436
- Hanna-Kaisa Joutsen, Tel. +358 29516 3442
- Email: email@example.com