Interruption in online service for recruitment 21 May 01:00–08:00 More information
An incident has occured in Kela’s email service. More information
Maintenance break in e-services on 21 May at 6–20 More information
Maintenance break in the appointment booking system on 21 May at 6–20 More information
A technical problem has been discovered in the Kela’s remote services More information
Publications for clients
- Kela publishes a magazine for customers, Elämässä - Mitt i allt. The magazine has Finnish and Swedish pages and an English fold.
- Kela produces benefit guides and leaflets covering the entire range of social security benefits available from Kela. Some of them are translated to English and other languages.
Updated web pages gather Kela’s information services in one place
Kela’s information services and data products are now gathered in one place on the website kela.fi. Information can be searched for instance by topic. The aim of the update is to provide better service to customers and partners who use information provided by Kela.
Kela develops and provides information services for its customers and for society at large. We produce among other things research, statistics and information materials.
– Now this information produced by Kela is gathered into a clear and manageable whole in one place on the website kela.fi, says Tommi Laukka, who was in charge of the updating project.
– The aim is that it should be easier to find the information and that the customer sees at one glance what sources of information are available for instance as regards housing allowance.
The clear design of the pages also helps to find and take in the information.
Kela is an important producer of information
The pages include a front page for the information services, a list of products and services as well as the option to browse information by topic. The pages also contain information on Kela’s role as an important producer of information in society and a list of development projects in which Kela participates. Kela is actively involved for instance in the work of the committee for reforming social protection.
The pages are available in Finnish, Swedish and English. The updated pages were released on 30 June and they are available at the following addresses:
- Information Services www.kela.fi/web/en/information-services
- Tietopalvelut www.kela.fi/tietopalvelut
- Informationstjänster www.fpa.fi/informationstjanster
- project manager Tommi Laukka
- customer relations lead Minna Ylikoski
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org