E-services may be unavailable between 6 am and 6:15 am on 28 September 2022 More information
Possible maintenance breaks in e-services on 27 September at 23–4 More information
Maintenance break in e-services on 1 October 2022 from 6:00 to 20:00; breaks may also occur on the kela.fi website More information
Possible maintenance breaks between 22:30 on 27 September and 07:00 on 28 September affecting the ability to download PDF documents in the OmaKela e-service More information
Kela provides access to various types of rehabilitation and supports the economic security of clients. It is a way to help persons with an illness or impairment to live a full working life.
Support for work and study
- Rehabilitative psychotherapy
- For persons aged 16 and above who have psychological problems Can be provided in the form of individual, group or family therapy.
- Vocational rehabilitation assessment
- Help with sorting out your situation and planning rehabilitation interventions.
- Education and training as a vocational rehabilitation measure
- Kela can support your education and compensate you for education-related expenditures.
- Rehabilitation supporting the integration into work
- Vocational and educational guidance and help with securing employment.
- KIILA rehabilitation
- Supports occupational growth and ability to continue in working life.
- Vocational rehabilitation courses
- Help with life management and skills for working life.
- Training try-out
- Helps you choose a suitable education.
- Assistive devices
- Kela can help you acquire specific assistive devices you need for work and study.
Living with an illness or impairment
- Rehabilitation and adaptation training courses
- Group-based rehabilitation courses provide help with daily activities and support in demanding life situations.
- Multidisciplinary individual rehabilitation
- For when you need rehabilitation tailored to your individual needs and special skills for your work and daily living.
- Therapy as intensive medical rehabilitation
- A way to improve your functional ability if you have a difficult illness or impairment.
- Multidisciplinary individual rehabilitation in the form of intensive medical rehabilitation
- Individual assistance from a variety of professionals for persons with a difficult illness or impairment.
- Neuropsychological rehabilitation
- Help from a neuropsychologist for learning difficulties and other neurological problems.
What is rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation is a set of measures to help you return to work and education. Kela can offer a number of ways to help you choose your path when you are unsure how to proceed.