Possible maintenance breaks in e-services between 23 and 25 September 2022 affecting log-ins with the following identification methods: More information
Statistics on unemployment benefits paid by Kela
Latest release 15 September 2022:
After having risen unexceptionally sharply in the previous year, the expenditure on unemployment benefits declined in 2021 by 9%. The expenditure on earnings-related benefits decreased by 10.8% and the expenditure on basic benefits by 6.9%.
A total of 328,174 persons received unemployment benefits at year-end 2021, which represents 9.9% of the Finnish population between ages 17 and 64. Sixty-one percent of the recipients were on basic unemployment benefit. Statistical yearbook on unemployment protection in Finland 2021 (helda.helsinki.fi)
Products that include statistics on unemployment benefits
- Statistics on unemployment protection in Finland
- Kela’s Statistical Yearbook
- Pocket Statistics
- Charts series
Statistical database Kelasto
Click the link to generate a dynamic and editable report from the database.
How to work with reports in Kelasto.
- Unemployment benefits provided by Kela: Number of recipients and benefits paid out
- Unemployment benefits provided by Kela: Analysis by basis of eligibility
- Unemployment benefits provided by Kela: Number of recipients at end of month
- Number of recipients of labour market subsidy partly financed by municipalities and benefit expenditure
- Number of recipients of labour market subsidy newly enrolled in employment promoting service
- Number of recipients of labour market subsidy by type of employment promoting service and days of payment
- Duration of receipt of labour market subsidy
- Number of recipients of labour market subsidy by cumulative days of payment and basis of eligibility