Statistics on the benefits paid by Kela in respect of unemployment
Latest release 30 November 2020:
Expenditure on unemployment benefits amounted to €3,591 million in 2019. Unemployment funds accounted for a total of €1,721 million and Kela for €1,870 million. The expenditure declined by 7.8% from 2018. Statistical yearbook on unemployment protection in Finland 2019 (helda.helsinki.fi)
A total of 329,900 persons received unemployment benefits at year-end 2019, which represents 10% of the Finnish population between ages 17 and 64. The percentage of recipients in the population varied by municipality between 3.4 and 19.4. The highest rates of benefit receipt were seen in Eastern Finland. (Chart.)
Products that include statistics on unemployment benefits
- Statistics on unemployment protection in Finland
- Charts series
- Kela’s Statistical Yearbook
- Pocket Statistics
Statistical database Kelasto
Click the link to generate a dynamic and editable report from the database.
How to work with reports in Kelasto.
- Unemployment benefits provided by Kela: Number of recipients and benefits paid out
- Unemployment benefits provided by Kela: Analysis by basis of eligibility
- Unemployment benefits provided by Kela: Number of recipients at end of month
Sami Tuori, Risto Hurmeranta