An incident has occured in Kela’s translation service for people with disabilities More information
Interruption in online service for claiming sickness allowance More information
If you become unemployed or if your studies have ended but you don't have a job, you should immediately register as an unemployed jobseeker in accordance with the instructions of the TE Services.
- Unemployment benefit from Kela?
- Kela provides basic benefits for the unemployed by paying basic unemployment allowance and labour market subsidy.
- Register as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services
- Unemployment benefits can only be paid if you are registered as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services.
- Right to unemployment benefits
- The entitlement criteria for unemployment benefits are laid down by law.
- What is the work requirement?
- If you have worked long enough before becoming unemployed, you may meet the work requirement. If you meet the requirement, you are entitled to basic unemployment allowance.
- Special criteria for persons under 25 years of age
- Persons aged 17–24 years are primarily directed towards education or training or measures for improving employability.
- The activation model has been revoked as of the beginning of 2020
- The activation model will affect unemployment benefits that have accrued in 2019, even though the date of payment is in 2020.
- Report days of unemployment
- Kela pays unemployment benefits on the basis of the unemployment status report.
- When you are ageing
- Ageing unemployed persons may be entitled to, for instance, additional days of unemployment allowance.
- Benefits for unemployed immigrants
- If you are an unemployed immigrant, you should as soon as possible register as an unemployed jobseeker according to the instructions of the TE Services.
- If you are incapable of work
- If you fall ill while unemployed, you can take sick leave. If you are incapable of work, you can also receive other benefits.