If you become unemployed or if you are temporarily laid-off or if your studies have ended but you don't have a job, you should immediately register as an unemployed jobseeker in accordance with the instructions of the TE Services.
- Unemployment benefit from Kela?
- Kela provides basic benefits for the unemployed by paying basic unemployment allowance and labour market subsidy.
- Register as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services
- Unemployment benefits can only be paid if you are registered as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services.
- Right to unemployment benefits
- The entitlement criteria for unemployment benefits are laid down by law.
- Report days of unemployment
- Kela pays unemployment benefits on the basis of the unemployment status report.
- When you are ageing
- Ageing unemployed persons may be entitled to, for instance, additional days of unemployment allowance.
- Benefits for unemployed immigrants
- If you are an unemployed immigrant, you should as soon as possible register as an unemployed jobseeker according to the instructions of the TE Services.
- If you are incapable of work
- If you fall ill while unemployed, you can take sick leave. If you are incapable of work, you can also receive other benefits.