Maintenance break in e-services on 21 May at 6–20 More information
Maintenance break in the appointment booking system on 21 May at 6–20 More information
Possible maintenance breaks in e-services on 16 May at 23–02 More information
A technical problem has been discovered in the Kela’s remote services More information
Kela provides many benefits for families with children. This quick guide explains the benefits that could be relevant for you.
Parental allowances – due date before 4 September 2022
- Maternity allowance
- Maternity allowance is paid for about 4 months during the maternity leave.
- Special maternity allowance
- You can get special maternity allowance if you are exposed to risks at work during your pregnancy.
- Paternity allowance
- Paternity allowance is paid for about 9 weeks during the paternity leave.
- Parental allowance
- Either the mother or father can take a parental leave.
- Partial parental allowance
- The parent reduces his or her working hours by 40–60% and spends the rest of the time taking care of the child.
Parental allowances – due date after 4 September 2022
- Parental allowances
- The parental allowance system is being renewed – see what changes.
- Pregnancy allowance and special pregnancy allowance
- Pregnancy leave starts before the estimated due date of the baby.
- Parental allowance and partial parental allowance
- Parental leave lasts for 320 working days that are shared between both parents.
- The amounts of the parental allowances
- The amounts of the parental allowances depends on your income.