Report days of unemployment
If your unemployment continues after your application for an unemployment benefit has been approved, you must regularly complete and file an unemployment status report. The report is completed retroactively for a period that has ended, so you do not have to know in advance about possible changes in your unemployment status.
In order to receive unemployment benefits, you must submit an unemployment status report.
Do as follows
- Log in to Kela’s e-service OmaKela.
- Select the unemployment status report (Työttömyysajan ilmoitus) from the menu on the OmaKela front page.
- Fill in the required information and then click 'Jatka' (Continue).
- At the end of the application you will see a summary. Check that all of the information shown there is correct. If not, make the necessary corrections.
- Send the report to Kela. You will get a message confirming that the report has been sent.
If you receive wages, Kela gets information about this from the national incomes register. Kela uses this data when processing your application. We may ask for additional information, if necessary.
Watch a video on how to report days of unemployment in OmaKela (in Finnish)
In the video you are shown how to file an unemployment status report in the OmaKela e-service. Duration 3 min 13 s, subtitled.
Report on a form
Alternatively, you can complete and print out the form Unemployment status report TT 2e (pdf). Mail the application along with the supporting documents to the address Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
Exceptions at Easter and Christmas
Due to Easter and Christmas, the unemployment benefit may be paid earlier. Check the exceptions to the reporting dates and payment dates in the e-service OmaKela.