Application process for benefits
Submitting an application
- Before applying
- find out what documents you must include with your application.
- Which benefits can you apply for online?
- You can use the OmaKela e-service to apply for most benefits, including housing allowances and social assistance.
- When do you have to complete an application form?
- Application forms are used to apply for rehabilitation and certain other benefits. The completed application can be sent in via the OmaKela e-service or by mail.
Getting a decision on your application and how benefits are paid
- How do I get a decision on my application?
- The decision will show up in the OmaKela e-service, and will also be sent to you by post.
- Payment dates
- Find out when your benefits are paid.
- Do I have to pay tax on benefits?
- Some benefits are taxable, but they are not taxed in the same way as wages and salaries.
Review of benefits
- Report changes in your circumstances
- Remember to report changes that could be relevant to your benefits.
- Moving can affect many different benefits. Housing allowances are reviewed annually.
- Changes in family circumstances
- Separation and divorce, childbirth and a family member’s death can affect the benefits you get from Kela.