Kela provides many benefits for families with children. This quick guide explains the benefits that could be relevant for you.
Parental allowances – due date before 4 September 2022
- Maternity allowance
- Maternity allowance is paid for about 4 months during the maternity leave.
- Special maternity allowance
- You can get special maternity allowance if you are exposed to risks at work during your pregnancy.
- Paternity allowance
- Paternity allowance is paid for about 9 weeks during the paternity leave.
- Parental allowance
- Either the mother or father can take a parental leave.
- Partial parental allowance
- The parent reduces his or her working hours by 40–60% and spends the rest of the time taking care of the child.
Parental allowances – due date after 4 September 2022
- Parental allowances
- The parental allowance system is being renewed – see what changes.
- Pregnancy allowance and special pregnancy allowance
- Pregnancy leave starts before the estimated due date of the baby.
- Parental allowance and partial parental allowance
- Parental leave lasts for 320 working days that are shared between both parents.
- The amounts of the parental allowances
- The amounts of the parental allowances depends on your income.