With you throughout life
Kela, the Social Insurance Institution of Finland, provides social security coverage for Finnish residents and many Finns living abroad through the different stages of their lives.Read more
Developer of the social security system
- Benefits available from Kela
- Among the social security benefits offered by Kela are family benefits, health insurance, rehabilitation, basic unemployment security, housing benefits, financial aid for students, disability benefits and basic pensions.
- Financing Kela’s operations are financed by statutory health insurance contributions from the insured and employers and with funding from the public sector.
- Social security in Finland
- How is the Finnish social security system structured? This simple graphic will tell you.
- National Pensions Index
- Many of the benefits provided by Kela are adjusted annually according to changes in the National Pensions Index.
- Organisational responsibility
- Acting responsibly as an organisation is an important element of Kela's strategy. Strengthening socially sustainable development is central to our operations.
- Risk management
- Risk management is a tool for ensuring the continuity of our operations and protecting the wellbeing of our staff.
- Our work contributes to greater wellbeing for society. We build pioneering services in the area of social protection.