Tules courses without accommodation (outpatient courses)
There are separate outpatient courses for persons currently in work and not in work. All diagnostic categories (back condition, musculoskeletal condition affecting neck, shoulders or upper or lower limbs) participate in the same course.
Use the course search to look up when courses are arranged
Use the search term “Tules-kurssi”. Please note, the service is in Finnish and Swedish only.
Purpose of the course
The aim of the course is to provide support and guidance and to help you cope in everyday life. The course aims to increase your resources and skills so that you are able to participate in activities in your own living environment.
Content of the course and implementation
The rehabilitation is implemented as group rehabilitation taking each client’s individual goal and need for rehabilitation into consideration.
The course includes group discussions and working in small groups, a variety of activities as well as individual interviews, meetings and discussions with rehabilitation experts.
The course comprises 10 days of group-based outpatient rehabilitation:
- the introductory period includes 3 consecutive days of outpatient rehabilitation
- 5 individual days of outpatient rehabilitation at approximately 4-week intervals
- the final period includes 2 consecutive days of outpatient rehabilitation.
The service provider contacts you before and after the rehabilitation and between the days of outpatient rehabilitation.
The course is implemented by the following experts:
- specialist in physical and rehabilitation medicine, occupational health, general practice or sports medicine
- two physiotherapists
- registered nurse, public health nurse or occupational health nurse.
Depending on your individual needs, other rehabilitation professionals may also take part.