Interruption in online service for recruitment 21 September 01:00–08:00 More information
Statistics on the benefits paid by Kela in respect of unemployment
Produced by: Kela
Most recent publication 11 October 2018: The number of recipients of an unemployment benefit decreased considerably in 2017. The number of recipients of earnings-related unemployment allowance decreased significantly, but the number of recipients of basic unemployment benefits also started decreasing from the record-high numbers in the first few months of the year.
Products that include statistics on unemployment benefits
- Statistics on unemployment protection in Finland
- Statistics overview: The expenditure on benefits in respect of unemployment decreased by 10% in 2017 (pdf)
- Monthly statistics on benefits in respect of unemployment in Finland (pdf)
- Charts series (pdf), Charts series (xlsx)
- Kela’s Statistical Yearbook
- Pocket Statistics
Statistical database Kelasto
Click the link to generate a dynamic and editable report from the database.
How to work with reports in Kelasto.
- Unemployment benefits provided by Kela: Number of recipients and benefits paid out
- Unemployment benefits provided by Kela: Analysis by basis of eligibility
- Unemployment benefits provided by Kela: Number of recipients at end of month
The statistics on the benefits paid by Kela in respect of unemployment present a general picture of the basic economic security that Kela provides for unemployed persons. They also cover benefits paid during participation in employment-promoting measures, job alternation compensations, and commuting and relocation allowances. The statistics are produced on the basis of the statistical registers for the benefits paid by Kela in respect of unemployment.
Read the full description.
Quality description: Statistics on the benefits paid by Kela in respect of unemployment
+358 (0)20 634 1887
tilastot (at) kela.fi