Interruption in online service for recruitment 21 September 01:00–08:00 More information
Statistics on unemployment protection in Finland
Produced by: Kela– The Social Insurance Institution of Finland
Most recent publication: 11 October 2018 The number of recipients of an unemployment benefit decreased considerably in 2017. The number of recipients of earnings-related unemployment allowance decreased significantly, but the number of recipients of basic unemployment allowance also started decreasing from the record-high numbers in the first few months of the year.
Products that include statistics on unemployment benefits
- Statistics on unemployment protection in Finland
- Statistical survey: The expenditure on benefits in respect of unemployment decreased by 10% in 2017 (pdf)
- Monthly statistics on benefits in respect of unemployment in Finland (pdf)
- Charts series (pdf), Charts series (xlsx)
- Kela’s Statistical Yearbook
- Pocket Statistics
Statistical database Kelasto
Click the link to generate a dynamic and editable report from the database.
How to work with reports in Kelasto.
- Provision of unemployment benefits in Finland: Number of recipients and benefits paid out
- Provision of unemployment benefits in Finland: Number of recipients at year-end
The statistics on unemployment protection in Finland provide a general picture of income replacement in the event of unemployment. They also cover benefits paid to unemployed persons during participation in active labour market measures, job alternation compensations, and commuting and relocation allowances. The data are compiled from the unemployment beneficiary registry of the Financial Supervisory Authority, the monthly statistics provided by unemployment funds or their payment systems to the FIN-FSA, and the unemployment registries of Kela.
Read the full description.
Quality descriptionStatistics on unemployment protection in Finland
+358 (0)20 634 1887
tilastot (at) kela.fi