Interruption in online service for recruitment 21 September 01:00–08:00 More information
Statistics on reimbursements for prescription medicines
Produced by: Kela
Products that include statistics on reimbursements for prescription medicines
- Finnish Statistics on Medicines
- Kela’s health insurance statistics
- Monthly statistics on health insurance benefits (pdf)
- Charts series (pdf), Charts series (xlsx)
- Kela’s Statistical Yearbook
- Pocket Statistics
Statistical database Kelasto
Click the link to generate a dynamic and editable report from the database.
How to work with reports in Kelasto.
- Reimbursements of medicine expenses: Number of recipients and prescription data
- Time series on drug prescriptions
- Top 10 prescription categories
- Drug prescriptions by physician category
- Drug prescriptions by hospital district
- Prescription medicines prescribed by a dentist
The statistics on medicine expenditures and reimbursements paid out consist of reimbursement data on prescription medicines analysed statistically according to the date of purchase. All permanent residents of Finland are covered under the Finnish National Health Insurance (NHI) scheme. All are in principle eligible for reimbursements for the cost of reimbursable medicines prescribed by a doctor or dentist. Only outpatient medication costs are covered under the National Health Insurance scheme. Medication administered in public hospitals is not reimbursable.
Read the full description.
Quality description: Statistics on reimbursements for prescription medicines
+358 (0)20 634 1373
+358 (0)20 634 1382
tilastot (at) kela.fi