Interruption in online service for recruitment 21 September 01:00–08:00 More information
Sickness allowance statistics
Produced by: Kela – The Social Insurance Institution of Finland
Products that include statistics on sickness allowances
- Kela’s health insurance statistics
- Monthly statistics on health insurance benefits (pdf)
- Charts series (pdf), Charts series (xlsx)
- Statistical Yearbook of the Social Insurance Institution
- Pocket Statistics
Statistical database Kelasto
Click the link to generate a dynamic and editable report from the database.
How to work with reports in Kelasto.
- Sickness allowance: Number of recipients and allowances paid out
- Sickness allowance: Number of recipients at end of month
- Sickness allowance: New payment periods
- Sickness allowance: Duration of new payment periods
All residents of Finland are insured under the Health Insurance Act. Provided they meet the qualifying criteria, they are entitled to sickness allowance as compensation for loss of income resulting from short-term incapacity for work. The statistics on sickness allowances describe the economic security arrangements for employees and self-employed persons during unemployment. They examine allowance recipients and expenditures from a variety of perspectives. With certain reservations, they also describe disease prevalence in the working-age population. Because of the application of a waiting period, only periods of illness exceeding ten days are included in the statistics on sickness allowances.
Read the full description.
Quality description: Sickness allowance statistics
+358 (0)20 634 1372
tilastot (at) kela.fi