Basic Income Experiment
Preliminary results of the basic income experiment
During the first year, the experiment had no effects on employment. The participants did, however, perceive their wellbeing as being better than did those in the control group.Read more
The experiment in practice
- Objectives and implementation
- A group of 2,000 persons were paid a monthly basic income of €560 for two years.
- Frequently asked questions
- Why and when was the basic income experiment conducted? Here’s a list of the most frequently asked questions!
- Contact us
- Do you have questions about the basic income experiment? Contact us!
Rationale of the basic income trialFinland conducted an experiment testing a basic income in 2017-2018. What is it all about? Watch the video!
Preliminary results of the basic income experiment: self-perceived wellbeing improved, during the first year no effects on employment
First results of the basic income experiment to be published on 8 February 2019
Contact number for questions related to the basic income will be closed 1 February 2019
Changes to Kela benefits in 2019