Interruption in access to appointment booking service 28 January 18:00-19:00 More information
An incident has occured in Kela’s translation service for people with disabilities More information
Interruption in online service for claiming sickness allowance More information
How to book an appointment
- Book an appointment online. You must have a valid phone number and a Finnish personal identity code.
- You can also book an appointment by phone.
- If you are booking an appointment on behalf of someone, use that person's information. If you will also be acting on that person's behalf during the appointment, make sure that you have a power of attorney.
How to cancel your appointment
- Cancel your appointment online. You can cancel your appointment by using the reference code, which you received when booking the appointment.
- If you don't have a reference code, please contact our customer service by phone.
When it's time for your appointment
- If you schedule a phone appointment, Kela's customer service will call you at the agreed time. Any telephone calls from Kela to you will come from an unknown number.
- Make sure that you have at hand all documents that might help in speeding up your service. You may need for example a pay check or medical certificate.
- If you visit Kela's customer service point, please bring your ID (driving licence or passport) and electronic identification with you.
If you need interpretation
You can visit Kela's customer service point or contact us by phone. Kela's customer service will book an appointment and interpreter for you, if necessary.
If you need the assistance of a sign language interpreter to deal with a customer service situation, please contact the Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled to obtain the necessary authorisation.
If you have a restricition order
If access to your personal data has been restricted (under a turvakielto/sekretessmarkering order), do not book an appointment online. Our customer service will not be able to access your restricted information.