Maintenance break in the OmaKela e-service on 18 August at 6–8 More information
How to apply for a child increase to a pension
- Fill in the relevant application (form EV 264, PDF, in Finnish).
- Enclose proof of payment or other evidence showing that you pay child support or otherwise contribute financially to your child's well-being, if your child does not live with you.
- Send your application online:
- Save the application and attachments on your device.
- If the application or attachments are on paper you can photograph or scan them.
- Log in to the e-service. It is only available in Finnish and Swedish. Go to Messages (Viestit).
- Choose the files from your device and press Send (Lähetä).
- When you send your application online you don’t need to sign it.
Another option is to send the application by mail:
- Sign the application and send it with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
A written decision on your application will be sent to you by post. You can also view the decision on our e-service.
Apply for the child increase at the same time as you apply for a pension. If you choose to apply for it later, remember that the application can backdated for up to 6 months only.
- Use Kela's online service (in Finnish or Swedish) to see whether your application has been decided and when the benefit will be paid out.
- For information about how long the handling of an application usually takes, see Application processing times and inquiries.
Notification of changes and end of payment
Child increase recipients must notify Kela of any changes in child care arrangements.
Payment will end automatically at the beginning of the month following the child's 16th birthday.