Customer feedback system: Scheduled maintenance between 06:00 and 08:00, 20 January 2022 More information
Interruption in access to appointment booking service 20 January 06:00-08:00 More information
Update on the coronavirus situation
This page contains concise information on how the coronavirus epidemic (COVID-19) affects Kela’s benefits and services. During the epidemic, there may be delays in the processing of applications. The page will be updated as the situation evolves.
- Reimbursement for trips made for the purpose of getting vaccinated for COVID-19
- The benefits you can get in different situations
- Application and supporting documentation
- When are decisions due?
- Press releases
Kela provides compensation for trips made between 27 March 2021 and 31 June 2022 for the purpose of getting vaccinated for COVID-19. There is a maximum copayment of EUR 25 for each one-way trip. The compensation is calculated based on the least expensive way of reaching the vaccination site. You can get a reimbursement for using a taxi if that is your only alternative taking into account your health or difficult travel arrangements.
- Documents photographed with a phone are accepted if the picture is clear and legible.
- Online you can also see if any supporting documents are missing or if the application must be supplemented in some other way.
- If information is missing from your application or if you are expected to do something, we will contact you. Remember to state a phone number where you can be reached.
You can also send applications to Kela by mail to the address
If you do not have a device or Internet connection of your own, you can call Kela’s telephone service.
Online you can check up to date information about average application processing times per benefit.
For information about the processing of your application, sign in to Kela’s online service (available in Finnish or Swedish).
Kela’s customer service can help you with filling in or completing your application. The customer service does not have more exact information about when you will get a decision to your application.
- Effects on benefits – Frequently asked questions
- Sickness allowance on account of an infectious disease
- Unemployment benefit in the coronavirus situation
- Social assistance in the coronavirus situation
- Current information about the coronavirus outbreak for employers (in Finnish)
- Current information about the coronavirus outbreak for cooperation partners (in Finnish)
Infectious disease doctor's decision still needed to accompany applications for infectious disease allowance
Opening hours during the holiday season
Temporary changes to unemployment benefits and to labour market subsidies for the self-employed expire, simplified application rules extended until end of 2022
Persons experiencing prolonged disability because of COVID-19 can apply to Kela for a sickness allowance