Interruption in online services 22 April 06:00–08:00 More information
Discounts for pensioners
When you have retired, you can get pensioner discounts. Often you will have to prove that you are retired.
- Those 65 years of age or over can usually get travel discounts by presenting their ID.
- Those under 65 years of age can get discounts by presenting their ID an
- their earnings-related pension card which is received from authorised pension provider
- their card for national pension recipients
- a written certificate issued by Kela verifying the receipt of a national pension.
- Those under 65 years of age can also get discounts by presenting their Kela card with a photograph. Such Kela cards are no longer issued, but those that have already been granted are still valid.
Check the criteria for discounts with the ticket offices or via online services. If you buy the ticket beforehand via an online service, you must prove your entitlement to a discount at the same time as you present your ticket.
You may also be eligible for discounts for municipal services, such as sports events. Many cultural institutions, such as theatres and art museums, give discounts to pensioners. It is also worthwhile to ask for pensioner discounts from many businesses, such as hotels.
Certificate on receipt of a national pension
Sometimes you need a certificate proving that you receive a national pension in order to buy a ticket at a discount. You can request a certificate by visiting a Kela's customer service point or calling Kela's customer service number.