A technical problem has been discovered in the Kela’s remote services More information
Drug reimbursement statistics
The drug reimbursement statistics contain information on
- prescription medicines reimbursed out of National Health Insurance
- users of medication
- doctors having prescribed medication
- medication costs and reimbursements
- generic substitution.
Data on reimbursements for prescription drugs are available in the statistical database Kelasto:
- Quarterly and annual reimbursement data are available from the year 2020 in the report Dispensations reimbursed under the NHI scheme and from the years 2008–2019 in the report Reimbursement of medicine expenses: Number of recipients and prescription data. Data on drug costs and reimbursements are available in the report Reimbursements of medical expenses: Number of recipients and reimbursements paid out.
- Data on rights to special reimbursement of medicine expenses can be found in the report Existing, new and withdrawn entitlements to reimbursement of drug expenses.
- Kelasto also contains data on prescriptions written by doctors.
Finnish Statistics on Medicines
The Finnish Statistics on Medicines is a statistical publication jointly edited by the National Agency for Medicines (Fimea) and Kela which contains data both on the consumption of medicines and on reimbursements paid out of the National Health Insurance. It has been published since 1987.
Statistical data on medicines
- National Agency for Medicines (Fimea)
- Pharmaceutical Information Centre: Lääkealan Taskumuistio, Lääkkeet & Terveys
- Statistical data from Iceland
- Norwegian wholesale statistics
- Norwegian Prescriptions Database
- Sweden: Prescribed Drug Registry
- Sweden: Statistics on Pharmaceuticals
- Statistical data from Denmark