An incident has occured in Kela’s translation service for people with disabilities More information
Interruption in online service for claiming sickness allowance More information
Recovery of overpayments and benefit debt
Kela recovers all overpaid benefits from recipients.
Kela also recovers child support debt in cases where the person liable for maintenance payments has neglected to make the required payments and Kela has paid child maintenance allowance instead.
- Kela manages the recovery of student loan debt repaid to the lending bank under the government loan guarantee.
- Kela collects court-confirmed debts, including compensations for damage.
Recoveries are handled by Kela’s Overpayment Recovery Centre. If you wish to discuss a payment plan or any other recovery-related issue, contact the Overpayment Recovery Centre.
Online customer service
- Log in to Kela's online customer service (in Finnish and Swedish only) using your bank ID or a mobile ID.
- You can check the amount of benefit being recovered from you and the period for which it is recovered.
- You can look up benefits, child support debt and student loan debt that are being recovered from you. All recovery matters, such as recovery of legal expenses, do not show in the service.
- You can use the Viestit ja liitteet (Messages and attachments) function to bring up any points you wish to make about the recovery process. You can also propose a payment plan for the repayment of the debt.
- Select Liikamaksu- ja takaisinperintäasiat (Overpayment and recovery) for this.