Interruption in online service for recruitment 6 June 01:00–08:00 More information
How to apply for a guarantee pension
You can apply for a guarantee pension via the online customer service.
Send the application and supporting documents via Kela's online customer service system. Documents photographed with a mobile phone are accepted if the pictures are clear and legible.
- Apply for a guarantee pension online. Log in to Kela's online customer service (in Finnish and Swedish) using your online banking codes or a mobile ID.
- Scan or take a photo of supporting documents and send them over the Internet.
- If you are an immigrant under 65 years of age, and you wish to apply for a guarantee pension on the basis of incapacity for work, you must also complete application Disability pension (ETK/KELA 7002e).
- If you are an immigrant and you receive a time-limited guarantee pension on the basis of incapacity for work, complete a notification of your work capacity for continued payment of the guarantee pension (GE 2, in Finnish).
- You can use Kela's online service to see whether your application has been decided and the amount you will receive. You can also see any possible reminders concerning, for instance, documents missing from your application.
Alternatively you can apply for a guarantee pension by calling Kela. You can also complete and print out an application form for guarantee pension (GE 1, in Finnish) and send the form and supporting documents to Kela.
If interacting with Kela is challenging for you personally, you can authorise another person to do so on your behalf.
When to apply
Applications for guarantee pensions can be backdated by 6 months.