Interruption in e-services on 19 September 2021 between 05:00 and 13:00, affecting the following identification methods: Aktia, Handelsbanken, Oma Säästöpankki, POP Pankki and Säästöpankki More information
How to apply for a guarantee pension
Apply for guarantee pension online
Send the application and supporting documents online. Log in to the e-service using your online banking codes or a mobile certificate.Apply fo benefits
- Apply for a guarantee pension online. Please note that the e-service is available in Finnish and Swedish only.
- Scan or take a photo of supporting documents and send them over the Internet.
- If you are an immigrant under 65 years of age, and you wish to apply for a guarantee pension on the basis of incapacity for work, you must also complete application Disability pension (ETK/KELA 7002e, PDF).
- If you are an immigrant and you receive a time-limited guarantee pension on the basis of incapacity for work, complete a notification of your work capacity for continued payment of the guarantee pension (GE 2, in Finnish, PDF).
- Visit our e-service to see if your application has been decided, how much you will get and when you will be paid. You can also see any possible reminders concerning, for instance, documents missing from your application. A written decision on your application will be sent to you by post.
Alternatively, you can complete and print out an application form for guarantee pension (GE 1, in Finnish, PDF). Mail your application along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA. You can also apply for a guarantee pension by calling Kela.
If interacting with Kela is challenging for you personally, you can authorise another person to do so on your behalf.
When to apply
Applications for guarantee pensions can be backdated by 6 months.