How to apply for a guarantee pension
Apply for guarantee pension online
You can send your application and supporting documents conveniently by using our e-service. Clearly legible documents photographed with a phone are accepted.Apply fo benefits
- Apply for a guarantee pension online. Log in to Kela's online customer service (in Finnish and Swedish) using your online banking codes or a mobile ID.
- Scan or take a photo of supporting documents and send them over the Internet.
- If you are an immigrant under 65 years of age, and you wish to apply for a guarantee pension on the basis of incapacity for work, you must also complete application Disability pension (ETK/KELA 7002e, PDF).
- If you are an immigrant and you receive a time-limited guarantee pension on the basis of incapacity for work, complete a notification of your work capacity for continued payment of the guarantee pension (GE 2, in Finnish, PDF).
- Visit our e-service to see if your application has been decided, how much you will get and when you will be paid. You can also see any possible reminders concerning, for instance, documents missing from your application. A written decision on your application will be sent to you by post.
Alternatively, you can complete and print out an application form for guarantee pension (GE 1, in Finnish, PDF). Mail your application along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA. You can also apply for a guarantee pension by calling Kela.
If interacting with Kela is challenging for you personally, you can authorise another person to do so on your behalf.
When to apply
Applications for guarantee pensions can be backdated by 6 months.