Interruption in online service for recruitment 16 November 01:00–07:00 More information
Report changes that affect the housing allowance for pensioners
If you are paid housing allowance for pensioners, notify Kela if
- your family circumstances change (marriage, cohabitation, registered partnership, separation or divorce)
- you leave an accommodation for which you were granted housing allowance
- your housing costs increase or decrease by EUR 183 or more per year
- your income (or the combined income of you and your spouse/partner) increases by EUR 912 or more per year
- your income (or the combined income of you and your spouse/partner) decreases by EUR 456 or more per year
- there is a change in your income or assets or in the income or assets of your spouse or partner
- your spouse/partner becomes entitled (or loses entitlement) to housing allowance
- the number of people living in your home changes
- you are granted general housing allowance
- continuing institutional care begins or ends
- you move or stay abroad.
Notify Kela also if your housing costs increase.
Report any changes online. Log in to Kela's online customer service (in Finnish and Swedish) using your online banking codes or a mobile ID.
Alternatively you can complete and print out an application form for housing allowance for pensioners (AE 1, in Finnish) and mail it to Kela along with the supporting documents.