An incident has occured in Kela’s translation service for people with disabilities More information
Interruption in online service for claiming sickness allowance More information
How income affects the conscript's allowance
The conscript's allowance is affected by the net income available to the person performing conscript or other service and their eligible family members.
This income can be in the form of:
- wages and salaries (including fringe benefits), minus taxes and contributions to earnings-related pension insurance and unemployment insurance
- business and self-employment income as relevant for Self-Employed Persons' Pension Insurance (YEL).
- farming income as relevant for Farmers' Pension Insurance (MYEL).
- social security benefits minus taxes
- other types of net income than those listed below.
The following are not considered as income:
- general housing allowance
- maternity grant
- paternity allowance for persons performing conscript or other service
- child benefit
- disability benefits
- maintenance allowance
- social assistance
- daily allowance for conscripts (varusmies.fi)(in Finnish)
- income from capital
- tax refunds.
Assets or the income on assets do not affect the eligibility or amount of the conscript's allowance.