How to apply for job alternation compensation
- Job alternation compensation calculated on the basis of the basic unemployment allowance can be applied for from Kela on form, which is used jointly by Kela and the unemployment funds (tyj.fi).
- Send your application online:
- Save the application and attachments on your device.
- If the application or attachments are on paper you can photograph or scan them.
- Log in to the e-service. It is only available in Finnish and Swedish. Go to Messages (Viestit).
- Choose the files from your device and press Send (Lähetä).
- When you send your application online you don’t need to sign it.
Another option is to send the application by mail:
- Sign the application and send it with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
- You should also report any changes in income during the job alternation leave or interruption of the job alternation leave to Kela. You should also report if you take on a job with your employer or with some other employer during the job alternation leave. Enclose documentation on the working hours and the wage. You can report changes via the e-service or at a customer service point.