Information in brief
This page includes links to short descriptions of our research projects.
Kela carries out research to analyse and provide information on the Finnish social security system and the way it functions. Among other topics, we look at family benefits, pensions, the labour market and unemployment benefits, health insurance, housing benefits and rehabilitation.
We also analyse Kela’s own operations, including the customer service we provide and how we are as a workplace. We compile information on social security systems around the world and on current reform initiatives.
- Expenses for medicines (in Finnish)
- Information on impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on benefit applications and beneficiaries
- Information on housing benefits
- Use of social and health services and social security benefits in Oulu
- Information on family leaves
- Information on sickness absences
- Information on travel costs
- Information on unemployment benefits
- Information on vocational rehabilitation for young persons
- Financial flows in Finnish social and health services
- Drug reimbursement statistics
- Health Barometer