Corona situation effects Kela’s benefits, services and the processing of applications More information
Changes to and cancellation of the booking
Please inform the Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled without delay if there are any changes to your booking. Report for instance such changes as changes in date, time, subject or meeting place.
Cancel the booking if you no longer need interpreter service. The Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled can then allocate the interpreter to another customer. Hours of interpreter service that are not cancelled reduce the number of hours of interpreter service that you have been granted.
The interpreter waits for you at the place where interpreter service is needed for 15 minutes after the assignment has started. If you do not arrive in time at the place where interpreter service is needed, the booking will be cancelled.
Changes to customer data
The Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled allocates a suitable interpreter for you on the basis of the data you have provided. If your customer data change, you should contact the Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled or send an updated customer registration form to Kela by post or via the message function in the online customer service system.
Changes to the entitlement to interpreter service for the disabled
Your right to interpreter service ends if
- you move abroad on a permanent basis
- you receive interpreter service on the basis of other legislation
- your health status changes so that you no longer need interpreter service
Changes to student interpreter service
If there are changes in your school days, you should report them to the interpreter without delay.
Such changes are for instance
- a class is cancelled or there are new classes
- study-related visits or excursions are made outside the study schedule
- the place for the classes changes (e.g. same school but different building)
- you are absent from school due to illness
Report changes to the Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled.