Technical problem with Kela’s remote customer service More information
Interruption in online customer service 15 December 06:00-19:00 More information
Kela organisation chart
- Business units
- Kela's operations are divided between six business units: Customer Relations, Benefit Services, Centre for ICT Services, Shared Services, Management Support Unit and Communications Unit. Furthermore, Kela’s Internal Audit falls within the Director General’s area of responsibilities.
- Insurance districts
- The Benefit Services business unit is not only responsible for determining benefit claims but also involved in legislative planning and reform efforts in the area of benefit provision. At the local level, Kela's operations are divided into five insurance districts, which are part of the Benefit Services business unit and which handle benefit determinations at the local level.
- Customer service units
- The Customer Relations business unit is responsible for providing customer service across all service channels and for providing advice and guidance to customers. The business unit is divided into six customer service units, which provide services to customers at the local level through different service channels.
Kela’s administrative organs
- Parliamentary Trustees
- Kela's administration and operations are supervised by 12 Parliamentary Trustees who are nominated by Parliament.
- Kela’s operations are governed and developed by the Board, which has 10 members. The Trustees nominate the members of the Board.
- Kela’s auditors carry out the auditing of Kela’s operations. In addition they also carry out other checks related to Kela’s administration, asset management and operations.