Interruption in online services 23 March 06:00–12:00 More information
How to report changes that affect maternity, paternity or parental allowances
If you get maternity, special maternity, paternity or parental allowance, tell Kela about the following:
- you are in paid employment on regular working days (Monday to Saturday). Check the information about each specific benefit as to whether you are permitted to work while receiving maternity, paternity or parental allowance
- you move abroad as a family
- a child of yours moves abroad
Report changes online. To log in to Kela's online customer service, use your online banking user ID and password or a mobile certificate. You can also call the customer service number for families with children.
Which changes need not be reported?
- If you work on Sundays or other holidays
If you are paid holiday bonus or holiday pay during special maternity, maternity, paternity or parental leave.
Frequently asked questions
- Reporting a new account number
- Change of address (in Finnish)
- Change of personal details (in Finnish)
- New tax card to Kela