Interruption in online services 23 March 06:00–12:00 More information
How to claim reimbursement for dental care expenses
Usually you get the reimbursement for examinations and treatment provided by a dentist in private practice directly at the place of treatment. If this is not the case, you can claim reimbursement from Kela afterwards.
Reimbursement for dental expenses cannot be claimed online. The claim and any supporting documents must be sent to Kela by mail.
- Fill in and print out the claim form Medical care expenses incurred in Finland (SV 127e).
- If the expenses were incurred abroad, complete the form Medical care expenses incurred abroad (SV 128e).
- Enclose with your claim forms filled out by the treatment provider which indicate the dentist's fee or the examination or treatment ordered by the dentist.
- Mail the claim along with the supporting documents to Kela or to your workplace sickness fund.
- Visit Kela's online customer service to see how much you have been reimbursed for dental care during the calendar year. You can also look up the Kela reimbursements provided to you as a direct reimbursement.
When to claim
File your claim within 6 months of the original expense.