Interruption in e-services on 26 September 2021 between 00:00 and 11:00, affecting the following identification method: OP More information
Interruption in e-services between 22:00 and 06:00, 23−24 September 2021, affecting the following identification method: Mobile ID More information
No appointment confirmation, change or cancellation messages will go out to customers between 05:00 and 20:00 on 25 September 2021 More information
Interruption in online customer service 25 September 05:00-20:00 More information
How to claim reimbursement for medical expenses
Usually you get a reimbursement for the cost of examinations and treatments ordered by a doctor in private practice directly at the place of care. If this is not the case, you can claim reimbursement from Kela afterwards.
Reimbursement for medical care expenses cannot be claimed online. The claim and any supporting documents must be sent to Kela by mail.
- Fill in and print out the claim form Medical care expenses incurred in Finland (SV 127e, PDF).
- If the costs were incurred abroad, fill in the form titled Medical care expenses incurred abroad (SV 128e, PDF)
- Enclose with the claim forms filled out by the treatment provider which indicate the treatment given by a doctor or the examination or treatment ordered by a doctor.
- Mail the claim along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA or your workplace sickness fund. You can also use the Message function on Kela's e- service to send the supporting documents.
- Visit Kela's e-service to see the total amount you have been reimbursed for private health care during the calendar year. You can also look up the Kela reimbursements provided to you as a direct reimbursement.
When to claim
File your claim within 6 months of the original expense.