Revised tax card

If the withholding rate for the allowance seems too low or too high, you can check the withholding rate using the calculator at You can verbally ask Kela to increase the withholding rate received from the Tax Administration without any revised tax card.

Different types of tax cards are suited for different situations, see the website of the Tax Administration for more information. The Tax Administration will, on request, send the revised tax card directly to Kela.

As a rule, no withholding tax is deducted from study grants. Students who receive study grant and who also have taxable income from other sources, should order a new tax card for wages. For more information, see Taxation of the study grant on the website.