Sickness allowance for self-employed persons

If you are self-employed and insured under the Self-Employed Persons' Pensions Act (YEL) or the Farmers' Pensions Act (MYEL), you can get sickness allowance. Sickness allowance may also be available to self-employed persons whose self-employment is of limited scope and who are not required to take out YEL or MYEL insurance.