Recovery of overpaid financial aid

Payment of financial aid can be discontinued retroactively and you may be required to pay it back, if

  • you have earned less than 1 credit for each month of financial aid in the previous academic year, and
  • your intention was not to study but to work, for instance.

If retroactive discontinuation and recovery of financial aid is considered, Kela will send you a request for information. Whether there are grounds for recovery will also be looked into in cases where students have dropped out of their studies, changed school or university or changed their course of study.