Summer jobs and internships at Kela
We employ more than 300 summer workers around Finland. They work in benefit administration, call centres and customer service and in IT Services.
We also employ many interns. An internship at Kela is an excellent way to gain applicable experience as part of a large and widely known organisation.
Responsible Summer Job 2019
This year too, we will be participating in the Vastuullinen kesäduuni (Responsible Summer Job) campaign. We are committed to best principles of summertime employment which ensure an optimal experience for our summer staff and for us. They include offering meaningful work, providing orientation and paying a proper salary.
Look up open positions at KelaCheck open jobs here
A survey of our 2018 summer staff found that most had been given a good orientation at Kela. The respondents also found their work meaningful and varied. Nearly all summer workers said that the atmosphere at work was good.
Checklist for summer workers – Tips for applicants
See below for a list of useful tips to keep in mind when applying for a summer job at Kela. A summer job may be the first step towards your dream profession, so it’s always a good idea to apply.
- If you are interested in several positions, apply separately for each. Look up available summer jobs.
- If you have already applied, you can update your profile for example with new references. How to use the eRekry system
- You can update your profile at any time. The updates are applied across all of the applications you have made. For example, if you delete an attachment, it is deleted from all of your applications.
- Write your application letter in the tab titled ‘Kirje’.
- Please note that you cannot edit the application letter after you have submitted your application. If you do wish to modify it, you should first cancel your application and then repost it later.
Internships at Kela
We seek new interns every year. We believe that it is important to offer applicable work experience for future professionals, and indeed, many of our former interns have found a job at Kela after graduation. Your time as an intern can have a huge significance to your future career.
The terms of the internship period and the tasks assigned to you are agreed between your supervisor and yourself. Kela pays you a salary, and you have a formal contract of employment with Kela for the duration of the internship.
Keep an eye on our website for new opportunities and join us as an intern.