Financial aid is available from Kela for post-comprehensive school education.
While you are in school, you may be eligible for
- student financial aid in three forms: Study Grants, Housing Supplements and government guarantees for student loans
- School Transport Subsidy (for students in secondary education)
- meal subsidy (for higher education students)
- adult education subsidy.
Financial aid can be awarded for full-time study in an upper secondary school, vocational institution or institution of higher education. The amount of financial aid available depends on your age, your accommodation and the type of school you are enrolled in. It is also affected by your income and sometimes also by your parents' and your spouse's income.
After you have graduated, you may be eligible for
- a tax deduction for your student loan (if you have completed a higher-education degree)
- assistance with student loan interest.
By completing a degree, you earn credits towards earnings-related pension, which will become payable when you retire.