A male student with a book on his hand

Did you know...

You can get financial aid for studies at an upper secondary school, a vocational school or an institution of higher education.


Financial aid is available from Kela for post-comprehensive school education.

While you are in school, you may be eligible for

Financial aid can be awarded for full-time study in an upper secondary school, vocational institution or institution of higher education. The amount of financial aid available depends on your age, your accommodation and the type of school you are enrolled in. It is also affected by your income and sometimes also by your parents' and your spouse's income.

After you have graduated, you may be eligible for

By completing a degree, you earn credits towards earnings-related pension, which will become payable when you retire.

Last modified 03/09/2013
Updated 22/10/2012