Financial aid for students
The purpose of student financial aid is to provide financial support towards study-related costs, to the extent that the provision of such support is not considered to be the responsibility of your parents and that you have not made other financial arrangements to secure a living income.
Financial aid is provided in the form of the following benefits:
In order to qualify for student financial aid, you must
- have gained admission to post-comprehensive studies
- be a full-time student
- make satisfactory study progress
- and be in need of financial assistance.
The amount of financial aid and requirements for the aid vary depending on whether you are at upper secondary school or institution of vocational education, university or some other institute.
- Studying Guide (pdf)
- Student Financial Aid -leaflet (pdf)
- Kela benefits in euros 2017 (pdf)
- Statistics on financial aid for students
Last modified 30/03/2017