Financial aid for students
The purpose of financial aid is to provide economic security for students. Financial aid is available in the form of:
- study grant
- government guarantee for a student loan
- housing supplement (starting 1 August 2017, available only to those who are studying and living abroad or in the Åland islands or are enrolled in a tuition-based programme at a folk high school or sports institute and living in the school dormitory).
The qualifying conditions for student financial aid are:
Financial aid for studies pursued in Finland is available to Finnish citizens and, under certain conditions, to citizens of other countries. On the availability of financial aid for studies pursued outside Finland, see Payment of financial aid abroad.
The qualifying conditions for financial aid are different in higher education and in secondary education.
- Studying Guide (pdf)
- Student Financial Aid -leaflet (pdf)
- Kela benefits in euros 2017 (pdf)
- Statistics on financial aid for students
Last modified 17/08/2017